Ok, so you've done some research on how to resell hosting decided you actually want to start your own mini-web hosting company within ours. So, what's it gonna cost? Getting Their Money You don't have to have a business bank account if you don't make a whole lot of money to start out - but it helps. First, it keeps your personal finances and your business finances separate, which makes life much easier at tax time. Secondly, it might not cost you all that much because a lot of banks are offering free business checking and if you don't have a lot of activity, you'll probably qualify for one of the free bank accounts. You'll also need a merchant account and gateway - many of them come bundled. e-onlinedata will get you the merchant account and id, and will settle the money into your bank account. As you can imagine, there are lots of fees involves with being a business that takes credit cards:
- DBA - at the very least, you'll need to register your business as a DBA in your area so you can get a bank account with a business name instead of "Tom Jones", or whatever your name is. (Business types are beyond the scope of this article). There are usually small fees associated with this.
- Bank Account - hopefully, you'll get a free business checking account.
- The set up fee for your gateway/merchant account - through us, it's $79.00
- Us, for your reseller's account.
- $10 monthly service fee for your merchant processing (if you go through us)
- $.30 per transaction for each charge or credit or hold you perform.
- $25 or 2.29% (qualified transactions) of your charges for the month, whichever is greater