Are you a Posterous user?
If you haven’t heard already, the service (which was purchased by Twitter in 2011) is shutting down as of April 30.
However, this is no cause for alarm. Although your blog on Posterous will disappear, you can still back up your data before April 30th. What’s more, It’s extremely easy to pick up where you left off in an environment with a vibrant user community- we recommend WordPress.org.
We’ve provided two different tutorials for all of you looking to switch.
1) The following video will take you through all the steps needed to get your Posterous site over to WordPress.org.
2) Rather not use a video? Here’s the step-by-step procedure for moving your Posterous site to WordPress.org. Remember, you can always get help from our support Ninjas 24/7.
1. Back Up Your Posterous Site.
a. Go to http://posterous/#backup
b.. Click to request a backup of your Space by clicking “Request Backup” next to your Space name.
c. When your backup is ready, you’ll get an email
d. Return to http://posterous.com/#backup
2. After purchasing your ASO hosting package, download WordPress In One Click With Softaculous
(Prefer to download it yourself? Follow these instructions).
3. Get The Posterous Importer for WordPress To Transfer Your Content
After you’ve downloaded WordPress, look for the “Plugins” tab on the left side of the screen. Click “Add New” and search for “Posterous Importer”.
This plugin will import the contents of your posterous blog into a WordPress blog/website. Click “Install Now”, and you will see a screen telling you the Plugin has been activated.
4. Import Your Content
a) Go to the “Tools” tab on the left hand side of the page, and click “Import”.
b) You’ll see a list of services that you can import content from (such as Blogger, Tumblr, etc). Click on “Posterous”, and enter your information.
c) This step could take a while if you’ve got a big site to import, so go get yourself a snack. You’ve earned it.
d) When the import has completed, you’ll see a message saying “All Done”. Want to see how it looks? Click “Visit Site” under your blog name in the top bar.
Hey, look at you!
You transferred your site from Posterous to WordPress! Congrats.
Still need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Ninjas will assist ASAP.
Don’t go out like Bad Luck Brian.