WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms around. It is easy to install and has a great user-friendly interface. However, WordPress is not only a great platform for blogging, but also for building a great website. With A Small Orange’s WordPress Optimized Hosting Plans, the WordPress site of your dreams is only a few clicks away. Ready to install WordPress? Watch the video below or read on to follow the steps.
How to Install WordPress: If you have already purchased your A Small Orange WordPress Optimized plan, open the “New Account Information” email you received after purchasing your plan.
- In the email, scroll down to the bottom and click the log into billing button, this will take you to the login page.
- Enter your Login information. Your email and password will be the credentials you created at signup. Next, accept the terms and conditions and click Login.
- You are now in your Customer Portal. You can see your WordPress Optimized plan under the "Products & Services" section.
- To get to your plan details, click the "active" button next to your plan.
- Next we will log into Cpanel, your web hosting control panel. To log into Cpanel, scroll to the bottom of the plan details page and click the "Login to Cpanel" button.
- The next step is to install WordPress. Simply scroll down to the "Softaculous Apps Installer" section and click the WordPress button.
- You will now be on the WordPress install page. Click the Install Now button.
- Once it is installed, you can select your domain, change your site settings (site name & description) and change the default admin details (username & password) from this page. From this page you can also change your default directory so that WordPress is installed directly on www.yourdomain.com.
- Looking for automated backups? Scroll down to the advanced options section. Look for the "automated backups" option and select your choice. We recommend backing up your site weekly so you always have a current version of your site.
- Looking for a theme for your site? Simply select your favorite theme from the options. If you don't select a theme, the default WordPress theme will be installed. This theme can easily be changed, so don't worry too much about it now.
- Next, Fill in the email you would like the installation details sent to and click Install.
- Installation may take a few moments, please be patient.
- Once installation is complete, you have successfully installed WordPress. Congratulations!
- To view your site, click the site URL. To make changes to your website, click the administrative URL - this will bring you back to your WordPress control panel.
You have now completed your how-to install WordPress tutorial, we hope you enjoy your new WordPress Optimized Site!